Cold brisk air, pumpkin pies and the bustle of holiday shopping are upon us! You will love the specials we have in this month’s e-zine!
Daylight Savings Time ends, so you get an extra hour to experience your favorite treatment at the spa!
Then, we honor and give recognition to all of the men and women who have served and are currently serving in the U.S. armed forces on Veteran’s Day. On the fourth Thursday of this month, we are grateful for our blessings and gather together with family members and dear friends to celebrate Thanksgiving Day.
Remember to check out all the great savings and added value we have for you in this month’s newsletter! Giving a Spa Gift Card to your loved one is one of the most popular gifts to give!
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us!
Have an enjoyable holiday season from Spa Mariana!
We can help you maximize your holiday budget with the
Black Friday Extravaganza!
Spa gift cards are one of the most popular gift-giving ideas!
Purchase a $150 Gift Card in store and you will receive a FREE Surprise Gift*!
* Valid only in store and one per customer. While supplies last. Good on Black Friday ONLY!
Want to have glowing skin this season?
Try our NEW Lemon Grass & Green Tea Moisture Mask Body Treatment!
This clay-based mask deeply nourishes while drawing out impurities which can rob us of radiant, healthy looking skin. Formulated with certified organic ingredients and healthy Cucumber Extract, Shea Butter and Olive Oil, this product is a superior hydrator.
Lemongrass, a natural antiseptic and astringent, helps to eliminate toxins and bacteria from the skin while controlling oil production and minimizing the appearance of pores. Green Tea helps to reduce inflammation and redness.
Lemon Grass & Green Tea Moisture Mask Body Treatment: $135
Spa Mariana’s Hydrating Facial uses a perfect intensely-hydrating formula for moisture-deficient skin including the use of green algae, passion fruit oil and natural soy extracts. These ingredients penetrate to the deepest layer of the
skin to retain moisture and allow for improved cellular growth as well as slowing down the aging process.
Experience an Aromatherapy Stress Relief Massage and escape from all the madness.
As the name implies, this massage is meant to calm, relax and melt your stress away.
Aromatherapy oils containing sandalwood, clary sage, lavender and Ylang-Ylang are massaged into the body to provide a much-needed stress-relieving experience. These oils have been long-recognized for their ability to work into the body and mind with beneficial, relaxing effects.
Everyone knows that the key to avoiding weight gain is to eat in moderation, avoid high calorie foods and to exercise regularly. However, with the holiday season just around the corner, many of us will find ourselves surrounded by festive foods, delectable desserts and delicious drinks – many of which are hard to resist.
Studies have shown that the typical person gains anywhere from four to ten pounds over the course of the winter season. The best way to avoid gaining weight over the holidays is to limit food portions, maintain a consistent exercise program and follow these helpful tips:
1. Stick To A Regular Sleep And Exercise Routine. Sometimes, feeling tired or stressed is mistaken for feeling hungry. Exercising regularly each week and getting 7 to 9 hours of sleep every night will stave off hunger pangs.
2. Take It Easy On The Alcohol. Most people don’t realize that alcoholic beverages contain quite a few calories that contribute to excess weight gain when consumed in large quantities. Drinking seltzer with a fruit twist or a glass of water between alcoholic drinks helps to cut calories and will keep you hydrated.
3. Eat Small Nutritious Meals. It’s a common misconception that you’ll lose weight by skipping large meals. The truth is, your metabolism actually slows down, causing your body to store fat if calories are limited for too long. Eating smaller meals a few hours apart will prevent you from overeating later.
4. Reach For Veggies, Fruit Or Crackers. If you get hungry at a party, reach for the vegetables and fruit platter or nosh on some crackers as these snacks are filling and you won’t be as tempted to eat the high calorie-laden foods.
5. Eat Slowly And Chew Your Food More. It takes about 20 minutes for your stomach to register that it’s full and to signal your brain that it’s had enough. Slow down and listen to your body.
6. Eat Foods Containing Protein. Quality protein includes lean meats, seafood, chicken, turkey, eggs, yogurt and low-fat cheeses. The protein in these foods will help you feel full and work well to control your appetite.
7. Avoid Eating High Calorie Foods. This is actually easier than you think! By substituting foods high in calories with whole grains, steamed vegetables and baked lean meats, you’ll feel more satisfied at every meal and won’t crave calorie-laden starches, sauces or fried foods.
8. Always Remain Positive And Determined. If you do “fall off the wagon” and have a bad food day or forget to exercise, don’t worry about it! Just get back on track the next day and continue on from there.
9. Take Your Supplements. Since some people don’t consume certain foods often enough or on a consistent basis, taking your vitamin supplements regularly will ensure that you’re getting the appropriate nutrients and in the proper amount.
10. Reserve A Body Wrap. Scheduling body wraps once or twice a month is a healthy and easy way to lose inches while you hydrate and detoxify your body.
Avoiding the holiday jiggles this season will be easier if you follow these helpful suggestions – and who knows? Maybe, this January 1st will be the year that your New Year’s Resolution doesn’t include wanting to drop those extra holiday pounds!
After the traditional Thanksgiving Day feast, there will be plenty of turkey leftovers. Get creative with this delicious and healthy Turkey Tomato Wraps recipe that is quick and easy to make. Serve these flavorful appetizers at your next party or get-together!