Spa Style Grilled Turkey SandwichOctober 27, 2013
Cooking a Turkey 101 – Spa Mariana BlogNovember 16, 2013
Is the long, 40+ hour week in addition to daily family obligations taking its toll on you? A long day at work followed by duties at home can deplete your energy and fill you with stress. Did you know that a majority of all adults suffer adverse health effects from stress, including heart problems, diabetes, skin problems and depression? That’s why it’s so important to find ways to relax and de-stress so you can be the best YOU possible! Try these suggestions to unwind after a pressure-filled day.
- Keep the office in its place. Once you walk out of the office, leave all that “work stuff” behind. Worrying all night over a negative meeting or bad encounter with your boss is not going to fix the situation. It will only make you miserable. Leave it at work and enjoy your family for the rest of the evening.
- Exercise. Believe it or not, exercise in any form reduces stress. It pumps up your endorphins for that “feel-good” effect while improving your mood and building self-confidence. Whether you take a yoga class, spin class, or briskly walk around the block, get yourself moving! You will immediately feel better!
- Get a Massage. Visit the spa on your way home and relax with a deep tissue massage to lower your blood pressure, and reduce stress hormone levels as well as heart rate. You will feel rejuvenated! You can’t afford to miss out on these healthy benefits!
- Take a Bubble Bath. A bubble bath is a great way to unwind. It gives you some necessary “ME” time and eases muscle aches. Add in a dash of de-stressing bath salts to aid in the relief of tired, sore muscles. Light some candles, turn on the music and RELAX!!
- De-stress Your Face. Stress can cause acne, rosacea, cold sores, psoriasis, and other unsightly blemishes. Let your spa team develop the best treatment plan to keep you looking radiant and healthy. Don’t allow daily stress to deprive you of your beauty!
- Get a spa mani/pedi. Most manicures and pedicures include exfoliation of the skin to remove dead cells, smoothing the surface and stimulating regeneration. Special treatments and moisturizers are massaged into the arms, hands, legs and feet to improve blood flow and relieve aches and pains. All of this while you sit back and relax. And you leave with fabulous looking hands and feet! What more can a girl ask for?
Learning to take care of yourself is a process. The demands of daily life aren’t going away. However, you can learn to manage the stress from these occurrences by investing in yourself. Take some time out, unwind, and enjoy being you!