Summer may be coming to a close, but there is still plenty of time to play outside. If you haven’t done the following already, be sure to put them on your list before summer is over!
Go for a hike.
- Set aside one whole day to commune with nature, and go for a hike. Grab a buddy or two, and hit the trails.
- Not sure where to go? Check in with your local outdoor equipment supplier-they often have maps and books that detail local trails.
- Pick a trail that matches your fitness level, and enjoy the day!
Run or walk for charity.
- Just about anyone can run or walk a 5k race, and chances are there are tons of these in your area that are done for charity.
- Check out your local paper, or look on the bulletin boards of stores that sell athletic equipment.
- Pick a meaningful charity, lace up your shoes, and go!
- Not only will you get great exercise, you’ll do something nice for someone else.
Use the local park.
- Chances are you have a park or recreation area near you that you haven’t fully explored or used.
- Grab a racquet and a friend and make a date to use the tennis courts, or round up a group of friends for a game of softball.
Treat your feet.
- Summer is hard on your feet.
- Make an appointment for a pedicure-it’s a great way to tell your feet “thanks” for all they do for you!
Make an appointment for a massage session.
- Come in and see us to ensure your muscles are loosened and pain-free.
- A healthy muscular system means that you will be able to engage in all the summer activities you enjoy-in the safest, most enjoyable way possible!