By: Linda Wolschlager, Certified Nutrition Counselor/Wellness Coach
- If you are feeling exhausted after a workout, add a couple of tablespoons of this vinegar to a glass of water. It contains potassium and enzymes and the amino acids can act as an antidote to the buildup of lactic acid in your system.
- To whiten your teeth: Gargle in the morning with apple cider vinegar. It will help to remove stains and whiten your teeth as well as kill the bacteria in your mouth.
- For an upset stomach: Sip a few tablespoons of it with water. If your problem is from a bacteria, the antibiotics in the vinegar will help.
- A Teaspoon of apple cider vinegar can stop your hiccups immediately.
- Before eating foods that you know could upset your stomach later, add 1 teaspoon of it with 1 teaspoon of honey to a glass of warm water and drink it about l/2 hour before you eat.
- For leg cramps that wake you up at night: add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a glass of warm water before bed.
- Drinking one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water can help to drain your sinuses when stuffy.
- If you start to feel a sore throat coming on: gargle with l/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and l/4 cup of warm water every hour. The acidic environment it creates will kill most germs.
- If you have heartburn: mix 1 tablespoon vinegar in 4-5 oz. of water and drink. It will neutrilize your stomach acid levels to bring back the right acid balance you need to digest properly.
- If you are eating a lot of carbs at one meal like a pasta meal or a lot of bread, mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 4 oz. of water after the meal and it will help the sugar absorption of the carbs so as not to spike your insulin levels as much.
- I recommend you buy organic apple cider vinegar at any health market.