A Tasty Alternative to the “Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich!”
- 2 slices whole wheat bread or pita pocket
- 1 oz cooked turkey, sliced thin
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (regular or skim)
- 2 tomato slices
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Dijon mustard
- Spread Dijon mustard on each slice of bread or pita pocket.
- Place one slice of Swiss cheese, one slice of tomato, and sliced turkey on each piece of bread.
- Press the two halves together. Combine the egg white with milk and cayenne pepper in a separate dish.
- Dip the sandwich in the egg white, coating both sides.
- Brown each side of the sandwich in a nonstick pan, melting the cheese.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Here’s the Skinny
Serving size: 1 Cal: 249 Fat (g): 5 Carbs (g): 30.5 Protein (g): 21.7