New Addition – ShellacAugust 31, 2011
5 Late-Summer Activities For YouAugust 31, 2011
It’s hard to believe, but summer is almost over. Kids are starting to head back to school. You can make the adjustment easier on them-and you-by taking the following steps:
Step #1: Reintroduce routine
- Most of us put our regular routines aside in the summer in favor of flexible bedtimes, diets, and time.
- Instead of springing regular routine on your kids when school starts, gradually reintroduce structure to their lives several weeks before school begins.
- Reintroduce regular mealtimes, bedtimes, and wake-up times.
Step #2: Ramp up the reading
- While some kids love to read, others need prodding.
- If you have a child who needs to be reminded to read, set aside 30 minutes to one hour every day in which your child hits the book.
- Right before bedtime is a good time. This will get your child back into the habit of structured reading time.
Step #3: Be prepared
- Being prepared can ease a child’s return-to-school anxiety.
- Make a list of clothing, equipment, and supplies that your child will need, and purchase them before the first week of school.
- Taking your child with you on this errand can get him or her excited about the start of the school year!
Step #4: Get necessary appointments out of the way.
- If your child needs to go to the dentist or needs a physical, schedule them before school starts.
- Not only will this prevent your child from missing school for appointments, it will also ensure that your child starts the year off healthy.
Step #5: Make your child an appointment for a massage therapy session.
- Massage plays a key role in the quest for good health… at all ages.
- Make your child an appointment with us today, and ensure that he or she starts of the school year on the right foot!