A delectable Valentine’s Day treat!
- 12 ounces of dark chocolate (chips or roughly chopped if from a block)
- 8 ounces of heavy cream
- A pinch of salt
- Strawberries (and other fruit selections of choice)
- Bottle of your favorite champagne
- Warm the cream over moderate heat until tiny bubbles show and begin to lightly and slowly boil. Add the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Immediately transfer to a fondue pot heated at low or with a low flame, or serve straight from the pot.
- Arrange strawberries and other fruit choices on a platter or plates around the chocolate pot.
- Use a fondue fork, bamboo skewer, seafood fork, or salad fork to dip the fruit pieces into the hot melted cream chocolate mixture. Eat immediately.
- Sip on a flute of champagne for an evening of pure indulgence!