- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, chili powder, and black pepper, stirring well. Sprinkle evenly over fish.
- Add fish to pan, skin side up. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with pineapple mixture.
For a healthy addition, serve over coconut rice accompanied by a side salad.